BUILD YOUR FUTURE...WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customers future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity, and strive for innovation in a changing world.
Graduate Development Program Small Business Account Underwriting Job Summary
Starting Salary: $48,500
When its time to start, advance, or change your career, proper guidance and direction are essential. At Westfield Insurance, we invest heavily in preparing you for a career within the insurance industry.
The Graduate Development Program (GDP) prepares recent college graduates, experienced professionals looking for a change of industry, and veterans for an exciting career at Westfield. The GDP combines a variety of learning techniques, including:
- Classroom-based training on insurance-related topics, critical thinking, marketing, collaboration, and customer service.
- Observation and practice elements are included to increase exposure to the business unit and to complete assigned research topics.
- Self-study eLearning to support project work and individual development.
- Team-building activities with peers.
- Networking with leaders across the organization.
- Coaching and mentoring throughout the program from experienced employees.
The GDP training will take place in our home office in Westfield Center, OH.
Small Business Account (SBA) Underwriters work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment relying on analytical and portfolio management tools. At Westfield, we rely on technical underwriting skills, sales acumen, and strong relationships with our agency partners to achieve growth and profit within each territory. By joining our team, you become a part of a high-performing group that is critical to our success. Working as an SBA Underwriter involves:
- Analyzing and making decisions on the acceptance, pricing, and conditions offered to individual commercial customers on a new and renewal basis.
- Networking and building relationships with insurance agents.
- Territory management responsibilities for production, retention, and profit of commercial lines business within a defined territory.
- Developing, coordinating and monitoring agency business plans.
Job Specifications / Experience / Certification / Education Includes:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- If you are selected and then once you start in your GDP role, this position requires that you successfully complete a combination of AINS General Insurance Exams within 3 attempts per exam.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Insurance or business-related degree.
- Relevant internship experience.
- Engagement in activities that demonstrate leadership potential.
- Ability to operate various types of computer equipment and software programs.
- Ability to communicate via the telephone.
- Ability to travel, as required, potentially both inter and intra state.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to relocate if deemed necessary by the business unit.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center/reimbursement and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.