Senior Environmental General Liability Claims Adjuster
Join our Team!
NARS is a privately owned, rapidly growing third party claims administrator. Although we have offices nationwide, NARS maintains a close-knit family feel.
Handle a caseload of approximately 150+ pending claims that encompass all levels of complexity. Requires establishing facts of loss, coverage analysis, investigation, compensability/liability/negligence determination, coordination of medical care (as appropriate), litigation management, damage assessment, settlement negotiations, identifying potential fraud and appropriate use of authorized vendors. Also includes timely and appropriate reserve analysis and report completion. Ability to attend conferences, client meetings, mentor other adjusters and assist management as requested. All file handling must be within state statutes, Client Claims Handling Guidelines and NARS Best Practices. Other miscellaneous duties as assigned, which may include travel.
Education / Licensing
- High School Diploma, college degree preferred
- Must have 3+ years prior claim adjusting or similar experience, with the majority handling complex litigation. Must have 5 to 7 years of overall claims experience, preferably in the line of business being handled
- Must have 5+ years heavy litigation experience for all other lines except workers compensation
- Must have 3+ years Environmental or similar/related experience if handling that line of business
- Must be eligible for reserve/payment authority level of $50,000+ when appropriate
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, a Florida Adjuster’s license or other required jurisdictional licensing
- Requires some travel to attend mediations and trials.