* Counsels members on all aspects of travel planning, and makes recommendations to increase customer satisfaction
* Sells domestic and international air, train, cruise, tour and group travel products (escorted and independent), along with hotel reservations and car rentals
* Directs sales toward preferred vendors
* Makes reservations, researches requests, quotes fares and schedules, issues tickets, and prepares other travel related documents
* Advises members of product terms and conditions
* Creates computerized passenger records using basic Apollo system and knowledge of accounting formats
* Processes requests for travel literature, brochures, TourBooks, maps, international driver's permits, passport photos, and other travel services
* Establishes and maintains members' travel files, handles refunds, lost tickets and payments
* Provides information on other AAA products and services
* Participates in the resolution of member complaints
* Basic knowledge of the Apollo system and the AICWEB
* Ordering brochures weekly
* Knowledge of all AAA business lines
* Knowledge of all preferred suppliers and their benefits to AAA members
* Knowledge of foreign currency
* Prepare sales summary report as needed
* Process IDP report as needed
* Selling and prepare travel insurance report
* Knowledge of Basic accounting requirements to prepare reports as needed
* Performs other duties as assigned
1. Customer Relations and Interpersonal Skills - Understanding and anticipating members' needs and expectations, and striving to meet or exceed those expectations; using good customer relations and interpersonal skills in helping solve members' problems and answer their questions.
2. Active Listening - Listening to, interpreting, understanding, and processing verbal information; probing to ensure all key information is obtained from member.
3. Communication and Telephone Skills - Using proper telephone etiquette and speaking in a clear, understandable manner; tactfully controlling interactions in order to efficiently obtain and give necessary information; clearly explaining itineraries, costs, and other travel related information; preparing written communications and documents.
4. Decision Making and Problem Solving - Analyzing information, identifying alternatives, and making sound, logical decisions; deviating from standard procedures when appropriate for delivering excellent member service.
5. Teamwork and Cooperation - Helping out others on the team and being a good team player; building smooth, cooperative working relationships.
6. Dealing with High Volume - Dealing effectively with high volume and time pressure; displaying a positive, caring attitude with each new member.
7. Flexibility and Adaptability - Adapting to change and being flexible in adjusting approach to meet the needs in different situations; rotating among job functions as needed.
8. Using Travel Reference Materials - Displaying extensive knowledge of the travel industry, and knowing how to quickly locate and use reference materials.
9. Computer and Technology Skills - Using the computer to enter accurate and complete trip information; carrying on conversation with member and entering data simultaneously.
10. Selling Travel Products and Services - Asking questions to qualify and understand member's travel interests and needs, and successfully closing the sale; displaying organizational pride.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE