Digital Operating Center - Inside Auto Damage Estimator
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional opportunity for an Inside Auto Damage Estimator- Digital Operating Center in Phoenix, AZ!
Combine your skills working with people and working with vehicles!
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding or challenging? Allstate Insurance has an exciting career opportunity that will utilize your customer service and auto technical skills to deliver on our promise to provide fast, fair, and efficient claim service. This opportunity is for an experienced and motivated collision damage estimator who will complete estimates from photos, and negotiate supplements with repair facilities utilizing live-streaming video! If you have the passion to help build the success of a great company, join the Allstate team. Location available: Phoenix, AZ.
What you will do:
- Work in a team environment within an Allstate office
- Efficiently write accurate estimates and supplements based on photos
- Efficiently review, reconcile, and negotiate with repair facilities via Allstate's Virtual Assist, live-streaming technology
- Perform recycled parts searches
- Condition vehicles and prepare reports for customers to settle total loss claims
- Determine salvage value
- Evaluate diminished value
- Review and negotiate subrogation demands with Third Party Carriers
- Service the customer with empathy while delivering compassionate service by understanding and meeting the customers needs
What you will need:
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-year auto estimating writing experience.
- Minimum three to six months experience in the automotive industry (service, mechanical, total loss, etc.)
- General knowledge of automobile parts and repair techniques
- Working experience of estimating platforms such as ADP, CCC, or Mitchell
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- I-CAR or ASE Certification, and/or Adjusters license are desirable
- Bilingual and military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Please note, there is a required 2-week training that will take place in Wheeling, IL.
- High School Diploma/General Education Diploma (GED) plus experience writing estimates for an insurance carrier or in an auto body shop OR a four-year degree preferred with a proven record for delivering outstanding customer service
- 1 2 years auto estimating experience required; claims experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Previous experience using a computer estimating system such as ADP, CCC or Mitchell is a definite plus
- ICAR platinum certification, ASE certification and/or an Adjusters license are especially desirable
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military experience is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.