Supervisor, Special Investigations Unit (SIU)
Are you looking for an opportunity to manage a team of SIU associates focused on making a difference in a cutting edge organization with advanced fraud technology?
As a Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of a team of SIU personnel. This management position serves as an instrumental component of the day to day activities within the Special Investigative Unit. Primary functions include reviewing and assigning referrals from the claims department or from analytics, coordinating, directing and overseeing investigative activities of an SIU team to include support staff, analysts and investigators. Key accountabilities include leadership, support and coaching to ensure compliant investigations, technical knowledge, assignment and workload management. Lead meetings in collaboration with unit management to communicate goals with direct reports and reinforce/monitor behavior that furthers technical performance expectations.
Maintain SIU standards, reporting procedures, statutory compliance, and the efficient operation of the assigned team. Supports the investigative and claims process by leading, guiding and directing investigations including complex cases through the identification of advanced fraud platforms to include artificial intelligence, machine learning and RPA technology.
- Coordinate resources to property investigate external risks associated with organized fraud.
- Maintain SIU standards, reporting procedures, statutory compliance, and the efficient operation of the assign team.
- Develops and presents verbal and written investigative and management reports.
- Serves as a resource and mentor to team members.
- Assists in the delivery of fraud awareness training initiatives throughout Assurant.
- Acquires and applies a working knowledge of state laws and regulations pertaining to insurance fraud.
Identifies, establishes and cultivates external relationships with industry, law enforcement and other contacts involved in fraud investigation, detection and prevention
Develops and presents verbal and written investigative and management reports
We offer a management career path and individual coaching and development in a professional and friendly work environment. We have company-subsidized group benefit plans (including health insurance eligibility on the first day of employment), stock purchase plan, and many additional benefits.
- Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the claims P&C environment with preferred emphasis within SIU.
- Minimum of 1 years of supervisory/management or team lead experience including coaching and developing employees
- Basic office computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office.
- Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with the P&C claims process from beginning to end
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting service standards
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to think creatively and make appropriate decisions