Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company's growing Subrogation department is seeking a self-motivated individual who is efficient, good with deadlines, capable of multi-tasking and can handle high volume to investigate potential subrogation claims.
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
The main job functions include:
- Investigate cause of loss (Determine fact witnesses, take recorded statements, obtain incident reports, uncover responsible party(s) and obtain all relevant insurance information)
- Preserve physical evidence (Notify all parties of the duty to maintain relevant evidence, site inspections, coordinate storage of evidence and ensure that the chain of custody of the evidence is maintained)
- Coordinate Joint Inspections (This includes conferring with supervisor about the cause of loss to determine appropriate experts needed for investigation and testing and setting up mutually convenient dates for inspection with parties and experts)
- Research (Locate and decipher relevant public records including condominium by-laws, condominium rules and regulations, permits, fire reports, prior insurance claims, assets and company information)
- Depositions (Attend depositions regarding investigation and potentially appear as corporate representative)
- Self-motivated, thorough individual who thrives in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Efficient and able to work independently
- Capable of multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Professional communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and negotiate
- Strong interpersonal skills with great organization
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience desired
- Previous subrogation adjusting experience within the Property & Casualty Insurance Industry preferred
- Licensed adjuster
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (post 60-day probationary period)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company match up to 5% of your contribution and match are fully-vested (post 90-day probationary period)
- Paid vacation (post 90-day probationary period)
- Free health club membership
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc., may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions..