Reinsurance Accounting Supervisor
The Reinsurance Account Supervisor will be part of a growing team of a well-respected regional insurance company that has been in business for over 100 years. This is a critical role to work in their corporate office where you will help oversee accounting functions in their reinsurance department. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in insurance accounting, particularly the intricacies of reinsurance accounting.
About the Role
- Review large pro rata accounts for accuracy while monitoring open balances and reserves.
- Manage the monthly close process and prepare analytical reports.
- Assist with the preparation of Ceded and Assumed Schedule F of the Annual Statement.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual A.M. Best submission.
- Contribute to the implementation of changes, enhancements, and updates to the reinsurance system, perform user testing, and compare to expected results.
Reinsurance Accounting Supervisor Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 8-10 years of insurance accounting, with at least six of those years in reinsurance accounting.
- Experience with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) preferred.
- Additional industry designations a plus.