Underwriting Specialist - Workers Compensation - Chicago - 4517
Sr. Workers' Compensation Underwriting Specialist - Chicago, IL
Highly entrepreneurial Property and Casualty Insurance carrier is seeking a Workers' Compensation Underwriting Specialist for their suburban Chicago office. Candidates will be responsible for the underwriting and marketing of complex Worker's Compensation accounts with premiums in excess of $200K on an individual risk basis. You will have the freedom to underwrite monoline work comp accounts on an admitted and non-admitted basis and build a book of business based on your experience and technical expertise. While most accounts will be found in the upper levels of guaranteed cost, you will work on loss sensitive accounts from time to time. Leveraging your regional or national broker relationships will be key to writing quality accounts, not "cookie cutter" risks. This is a production underwriting role, so strong agent/broker relationships are essential.
- A minimum of 8 years' experience underwriting workers' comp accounts or commercial casualty accounts with a strength in workers' compensation in carrier setting
- Writing work comp with an E&S carrier is a plus
- 4 year college degree is preferred or equivalent work experience
- Strong technical underwriting and marketing skills
- Good track record for building agency relationships
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
This position offers an excellent career opportunity and the ability to build a book of business. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Job 4517.
Apply for Underwriting Specialist - Workers Compensation - Chicago - 4517
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly