VP, Accounting Policy
Assurant has an exciting position for a VP, Accounting Policy!
TheVP Accounting Policy and Special Projects is responsible for establishingbroad support and oversight for the Accounting Policy function as well asspecial projects including transaction support. The role will create direction and guidance to ensure compliance withall US GAAP; Statutory Accounting Principles; SEC requirements, and otherregulatory global accounting standards and principles. The role will lead & guide theimplementation of any new standards. Therole will also be responsible for providing consultation on significantbusiness transactions by identifying and addressing accounting and reportingpolicy issues and opportunities as well as transaction related accountingactivities. As a key resource in theglobal accounting department this role will provide deep technical and subjectmatter expertise.
- Manage allexisting accounting policies supporting compliance with SEC, US GAAP and StatutoryAccounting Principles. Incorporating allamendments to support new transactions and any changes in the business asapplicable.
- Continuallymonitor developments in accounting guidance by the SEC, FASB, NAIC and otherregulatory bodies to ensure that the Company is aware of any emerging orapproved changes that will significantly impact the Companys financialstatements and related disclosures as business results.
- Assist withthe analysis of accounting standard updates as they are issued and oversee theimplementation of new accounting standards. Establish guidelines and processes for the review and implementation ofaccounting policies.
- Provideconsultation on significant business transactions (e.g., mergers andacquisition, dispositions, asset sales, and joint ventures) includingaccounting due diligence, accounting structure review and recommendations, andkey accounting, reporting and internal control matters.
- Participatein the preparation or review of technical accounting memos supportingsignificant accounting transactions
- Offerguidance and collaboration to the SEC and statutory reporting teams on theinterpretation of disclosure requirements in preparation of the 10K/10Q andstatutory financial statements.
- Setstandards and offer direction to multiple functional areas throughout the GlobalAccounting organization, Finance, Investor Relations and other internalstakeholders on technical accounting matters
- Oversee& lead other special projects as needed
- 15 or more years of professional accountingexperience to include 7 or more years in public accounting with National Officeor SEC fellowship experience preferred
- 5 or more years managing a team
- CPA required
- College level degree in accounting
- Subject matter expertise in accounting standardsincluding SEC and US GAAP and Statutory Accounting
- Experience analyzing and recommending appropriatestrategies addressing technical accounting issues of merger & acquisition,disposition and complex business arrangements strongly preferred.
- Insurance industry experience strongly preferred.
- History of delivering business results
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Subject matter expertise in accounting standards& principles
- Collaborative work style
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and leadprojects to completion
- Experience in a matrix work environment withcompeting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability and experience to present to C-Suiteexecutives
- Develop technical trainingmaterial