Adjuster - Property Damage Litigation
Windhaven Insurance has been one of the fastest growing auto insurers in the U.S. and we’ve had great success because we’re not your typical insurance carrier. We are disruptive innovators who thrive in an environment that feels more like a successful start-up than an insurance company. With technology and data as our weapons, we have fought to become an entrepreneurial force in the insurance and financial services sector, driven by a magnetic internal culture and dedication to local independent agent success.
Currently we are looking for a talented Property Damage Litigation Adjuster to add to our team.
- Reviews and analyzes Property Damage Litigation and other Property Damage claim files.
- Reviews demands, demand responses and all related correspondence.
- Communicates with defense counsel proactively.
- Identifies law suit reasoning and preliminary investigative documents:
- Identifies cases that should be recommended for settlement.
- Evaluates and updates reserves.
- Settles law suits, processes payments, and closes cases.
- Interprets court dockets and communicates with opposing counsel as needed.
- Reviews underwriting documents including applications, declaration pages, and policies.
- Identifies potential subrogation opportunities.
- Assists in the preparation of mediations, arbitrations and depositions.
- Processes mailings and returns phone calls in a timely manner.
- Complies with standard operating procedures and litigation handling guidelines.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years Property Damage adjusting experience in the auto insurance industry.
- Active Florida Claims Adjuster’s License.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Thorough understanding of auto claims investigations and claims processing.
- Knowledge of automobile damage, settlement negotiations and insurance case law.
- Prior experience interpreting policy language and state statutes.
- Ability to skillfully articulate legal options to various audiences.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with defense counsel.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Capable of strong time management and organizational skills.
Windhaven Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.