Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Collaborate. Ideate. Innovate. Create.
Travelers eBusiness is responsible for design and development of digital capabilities on behalf of the enterprise, creating delightful and compelling user experiences for our Agents, Customers and Employees. We are looking for Developers who love collaborating with diverse Agile teams and are passionate about creating powerful, innovative solutions to help our customers.
Much of your time will be spent collaborating on designs, some of your time will be spent pair programming and experimenting with new ways to deliver our solutions. All of your time will be spent with awesome people on a shared mission to create the digital insurer of tomorrow.
Have a drive to tinker with technology to solve problems? Want to work in an enthusiastic agile setting? Chat with us if you:
* Develop using Node.js (preferred) and C#.NET
* Communicate. Communicate. Communicate.
* Create customer-centric experiences with modern frameworks, including:
o MEAN (Mongo DB, Express.js, Angular, Node.js)
o REST/Microservices development
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for system programming and analysis tasks of intermediate complexity within a single system or group of small systems.
- Responsibilities include performing analysis, design, programming and configuration functions (includes defining technical requirements) with a very high degree of accuracy and speed.
- Performs analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of intermediate complexity and escalates appropriately.
- Builds effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Utilizes business knowledge to explain technical activities in business terms.
- Seeks opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Performs basic project management responsibilities.
- Coordinates project work with GSO partners.
- Provides technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced employees.
- Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of programming/development experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 5 years of programming/development experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates advanced programming/configuration/analytical skills to achieve business and or technical requirements. Able to work independently to resolve discrepancies, defects, incidents or problems with understanding of the business and system impacts. Able to identify and exercise appropriate escalation communications. Demonstrates an aptitude for learning and applying new and/or updated programming languages, techniques, and/or software development disciplines. Demonstrates understanding of the supported business systems.
Communication Skills: Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience. Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills. Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
Business Knowledge & Partnership: Able to clearly and concisely communicate with the business. Demonstrates willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues. Able to understand assigned business unit and business priorities. Able to coordinate with other technical areas to achieve project/department or division goals.
Problem Solving & Decision Making: Able to recognize, analyze, and diagnose business and technical problems, incidents, and defects of advanced complexity. Able to creatively evaluate alternative solutions. Able to reuse previously completed processes. Demonstrates the ability to make routine decisions independently and recognizes when escalation is necessary.
Team Orientation: Ability to build and foster relationships with team, business, and technical partners to achieve objectives. Practices objectivity and openness to others' views. Able to recognize and support team priorities.
Leadership: Exhibits team leadership and collaborates with partners.
Planning (Project Management): Able to manage time and competing priorities and provide management with accurate and timely status information. Able to accurately evaluate and estimate tasks.
Financial Awareness: Able to understand how the project schedule relates to budget.
Hartford, CT is the preferred location. However, remote candidates will be considered.
Infrequent weekend work hours.
Infrequent overnight work hours.
Infrequent holiday work hours (Federal and religious).
Operates standard office equipment. Requires extended periods of computer use. Requires extended periods of sitting.
Licensing or Certificates
Depends on the specific role but some examples may include:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE