Loss Control Consultant
Loss Control Consultant
Donegal Insurance Group is a regional property-casualty insurance company doing business in 26 states, headquartered in Marietta, PA, with 8 regional offices located in Athens, GA, Duluth, GA, Le Mars, IA, Grand Rapids, MI, Albuquerque, NM, Greenville, OH, Glen Allen, VA, and Sheboygan Falls, WI.
Donegal offers a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products sold exclusively through our network of independent agents. We are committed to the independent agency system and proud of the company’s heritage, which spans nearly 130 years. Donegal’s strong financial foundation and successful operating strategies have earned the company a rating of “A” (Excellent) by the A.M. Best Company, the nation’s leading insurance rating organization.
Donegal Insurance Group has an opening for a Loss Control Consultant to join our team. This position is assigned to the Western Pennsylvania territory and candidates should live within this region.
About the role:
- The loss control consultant will be responsible for conducting risk assessments on new and existing business with a focus on risk management, compliance and best practices. The position will require interaction with both policyholders and agents. The loss control consultant will be responsible for assisting clients improve their loss control programs through exposure identification and mutually agreed upon actions to improve controls and minimize loss exposures.
- This position requires a working knowledge of OSHA, DOT and NFPA. Qualified candidates will have an understanding of building construction and building valuation methods as well as the ability to identify primary loss drivers and control measures to protect risk. Recommendations and underwriting alerts will be generated based on exposures and controls evaluated in risk assessment reports.
- This position will work closely with underwriters to assist in the selection, improvement, and retention of profitable business. A firm understanding of safety “best practices” and a working knowledge of property, commercial auto, workers’ compensation, and general liability insurance coverage’s/exposures and controls is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to organize, prioritize, and manage time well
- Possess professional communication skills – verbal and written
- Be computer literate
- Ability to build good working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Be able to recognize trends, primary loss drivers and provide feedback for improvement
- Ability to manage customer concerns in a professional manner
- Maintain professional designations and certifications as required by the regulatory bodies for the territory served for loss control services
Experience & Education
- We are seeking candidates with 5 – 7 years specific experience as a loss control representative in the property / casualty insurance industry
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in insurance, risk management or related field
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Incentive Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance