Saint Paul, Minnesota
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Travelers has an exciting opportunity for a developer on our Claim Technologies team. You will be joining an innovative group that is creating forward thinking software solutions. You will support the Claim organization by delivering, implementing and administering technology solutions that enable all Claim employees to be more effective at their jobs and meet the needs of our company's customers.
As a member of this team, you enjoy seeking opportunities to be a technical advocate to influence, develop and/or redesign strategic software applications. You stay on top of the latest technology trends and have a passion for building responsive web, web services and API enabled architecture. The opportunity to get trained on or work with the latest JS Frameworks will be at your fingertips. Your experience in .NET Frameworks will lead to success. You also enjoy working as a part of a team in a collaborative environment.
We're dedicated to enabling our technology systems to be as intuitive, automated, and resilient as our customers expect them to be. Our agile teams are charted to create the tools that help our employees do their best work and relentlessly improve our Claim Handling platforms.
Be a member of team that works collaboratively with others and receive instant feedback from product owners that also allows you to be innovative in developing solutions with your team. You and your team will also have the autonomy to experiment, especially in the spirit of agile - do what works, try new things, and stop doing things that don't work. Join us to constantly challenge yourself to learn as technology evolves.
Travelers is a property casualty insurer with a rich history of innovation that spans three centuries and has yielded numerous 'industry firsts.' We issued the first insurance policies for automobiles, aircraft liability, accidents in space flight and lunar exploration, and identity fraud expense reimbursement, and we created the first predictive analytical model to help injured employees avoid chronic pain and opioid abuse. We are a leader in personal, business and specialty insurance and the only property casualty company in the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
At Travelers, our single biggest competitive advantage is our people. Every day, our employees move Travelers closer to achieving the vision of being the undeniable choice for the customer and an indispensable partner for our agents and brokers. We are a team driven to fulfilling our promise to take care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the power of 30,000 people. All working together to ensure that we're performing today and transforming for tomorrow.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, test, develop, deploy, maintain and improve software assets
- Deliver high quality code thru hands on development with attention to detail
- Create and update automated test scripts
- Analyze/Research issues and provide solutions to quickly resolve them
- Options to peer programming with team members
- Work closely on an agile team of product owner, other engineers and scrum master in a collaborative environment
- Actively participate in solution design with system engineers and architects
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of programming/development experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of relevant hands-on software development experience
- .NET/C# Framework required
- Modern JS UI frameworks, CSS, Bootstrap desirable
- .Net Core and ES2015+ experience a plus
- Hands-on experience working with web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP
- Experienced in automated unit testing and acceptance testing frameworks (NUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Jest, Selenium)
- Working experience with version control (Git, SVN)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process preferred
- Ambition to learn and utilize emerging technologies while working in a stimulating environment
- Experience in client facing technologies and heavy hands on development as an individual contributor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Familiarity with DevOps, continuous delivery, configuration management and tools is desired
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- .NET Framework
- Automated unit testing with JS and .NET
- .NET Core and JS Frameworks ES2015+ is a plus
Licensing or Certificates
Depends on the specific role but some examples may include: ITIL Remedy Java certification Microsoft certification.net Kanban/Agile/SAFe
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE