Tower Hill Insurance Group has an exciting opportunity for a talented Accounting Analyst II who enjoys intellectual challenges and is seeking a rewarding career with a company that is experiencing growth. Not only is Tower Hill Insurance one of Florida's most trusted names in homeowners insurance, but it offers great opportunities for career advancement and personal growth, along with very competitive benefits and rewards. We are growing at a consistent pace and seek professional individuals with drive, team mentality, who want to make an impact, and are committed to a long-term career in the insurance industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare journal entries
- Determine and calculate required adjustments
- Assist with the monthly close process and preparation of financial statements
- Reconcile/analyze balance sheet accounts
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement schedules
- Identify and resolve data validity issues
- Assist with fulfilling audit requirements and coordination with external parties
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial procedures and controls
- Contribute to department and organization special projects
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a financial discipline or related field
- Minimum 2-4 years of accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- Solid background of working with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of statutory accounting principles or insurance industry experience preferred (but not required)
- The ability to work seamlessly with colleagues at other office locations is critical
- Experience working with financial reporting packages and Microsoft Access will be beneficial
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take initiative
- High level of personal accountability
- Ability to collaborate
- Attention to detail
TOWER HILL’S TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, and Health Savings Accounts
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- State of the Art work out facility (Corporate office)
- Business casual dress, and more
No matter the square footage, your home is your castle. At Tower Hill we’re in the business of protecting castles. We provide the insurance protection you need and the peace of mind you want.
Founded more than 40 years ago, today Tower Hill is Florida’s largest homeowners insurer. Our company is financially strong and solid. We’ve weathered every storm and natural disaster in the state since 1972, and helped our customers rebuild after each one.
Like you, we love Florida. We enjoy the sun when it’s shining, appreciate mild winters, watch out for lightning, and build hurricane kits every summer. And like you, our homes are our castles. Sometimes the unexpected happens — or even the unthinkable — and we understand what that feels like, too. That’s why our 400 employees are committed to being there when you need us all year long, not just during storm season.
Your home is where you and your family should feel safe and protected. You can be confident that if the unthinkable happens, Tower Hill will be there to help you rebuild. When your home truly feels like your castle again to you, we know we’ve succeeded as your insurance company. Although we have grown in size over the last four decades, we remain committed to the promises we made when our company was founded.