Underwriter - Sales and Service
The individual in this position will be the first point of contact for all customers and brokers utilizing our call center. This role is crucial in the functioning of the Call Center. All phone representatives must service our customers with a smile and delight them with the best customer service possible. While providing the best customer service possible these risks must be underwritten, placed in appropriate tiers, appropriate surcharges and discounts applied while “Making the Sale” on all qualifying risks. In addition the underwriter will also be responsible for assisting our brokers and consumers with any questions concerning any web submissions.
Primary Job Functions:
- Delight our customers with superior customer service.
- Underwrite all risks and “Ask for the Sale” if qualifying.
- Utilize all the Tools provided.
- Complete Photo Follow-up on all bound risks.
- Close diaries when files are complete upon review of paperwork.
- Make outbound follow up calls on all unbound qualifying risks.
- Service/Underwrite existing customers with payments, policy changes etc.
- Cancel and Non-renew policies according to procedures.
- This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, including duties and training as dictated by their supervisors.
Goals and Strategies:
- Be available, at your desk at your scheduled time.
- Be professional and avoid company jargon.
- Be a Team Player. Coordinate scheduled days off with your co-worker to ensure the best coverage for the department.
- Follow all Sales and Service Procedures and Guidelines and complete all work in a timely manner. Update your supervisor if assistance is needed.
- Display a positive outlook and uphold organizational values.