1 day left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Lancer is dedicated to providing exceptional coverage as well as a broad range of value-added services. Lancer provides a professional work environment as well as an excellent benefits package
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with assigned agents to develop a book of business that meets the company standards.
- Analyze New and Renewal Submissions from agent to determine the acceptability of those risk per the underwriting guidelines and procedures of the company
- Based on the above evaluation; rate, non renew, decline, bind, or renew the risk.
- Place Facultative Reinsurance as needed
- Evaluate agents’ results in conjunction with management at regular intervals to ascertain that agents are meeting the expectations of the company
- Work with new agents to train in the underwriting standards and risk eligibility.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant forms, procedures, legal guidelines, and state specific rules and regulations.
- Review internal reports from claims, loss control and management, follow procedures as specified.
- Assist in the professional development of Underwriting Assistants and Underwriting Technicians.
- Travel as needed
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Skills & Experience
- College degree preferred
- 5 years experience in Commercial Auto Insurance
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Strong organizational and time management ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Action-oriented team player
Apply for Senior Underwriter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly