Supervisor, HR Services Center
1 day left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an HR Services Specialist Supervisor!
This individual provides supervisory support to the HR Service Associates team providing mentoring, guidance and performance management for team members. Maintains appropriate staffing levels and ensures all service and quality levels are achieved.
Provides deep functional expertise in multiple HR process areas, ensuring operational processes and related systems are fully optimized. Ensures complex employee, manager or business scenarios are analyzed and effective processing steps taken to ensure resolution within HR process guidelines. Frequently engages with other HR teams, vendor contacts, IT teams and Legal. Manages cross functional projects and other initiatives. Stays informed on HR policy, plans and programs as well as regulatory updates for their areas of expertise providing regular team updates. Provides Tier 2 inquiry support (phone, email, and chat/IM) to managers, employees and retirees regarding HR policies, plans and processes.
Supervisory Responsibilities: (30%)
- Supervises, motivates, and evaluates the day to day performance of a team. Ensures adherence to all HR process provisions, proper call and transaction handling, and related processes, procedures, and regulations. Maximizes workflow and productivity.
- Is available to staff to answer questions. Monitors calls and gives ongoing continuous feedback
- Manages issue escalations. Provides guidance to staff and handles escalated issues directly, as appropriate. Identifies opportunities to provide corrective services to address customer complaints.
- Monitors individual and team performance continuously. Provides coaching and timely feedback to staff. Creates and implements development plans for each staff member. Seeks growth opportunities for high performers Ensures individual and team service targets are met or exceeded. Supports and contributes to HR Services operational goals.
- Assists with building and retaining a high performing team.
HR Process Management and Escalated Inquiry Support (30%)
- Ensures complex employee, manager or business scenarios are analyzed and effective processing steps taken to ensure resolution within HR process guidelines.
- Frequently engages with other HR teams, Payroll, vendor contacts, IT teams and Legal to ensure complex scenarios are resolved and processed timely and accurately.
- Provides Tier 2 inquiry support (phone, email, and chat/IM) to managers, employees and retirees regarding HR policies, plans and processes.
- Effectively uses case management and knowledgebase tools to resolve, log, track and escalate employee, manager or retiree inquiries.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Completes and maintains currency on all required training on HR policies, programs, processes and procedures
- Maintains established service levels for handling calls, emails, and transactions.
- Demonstrates and maintains deep proficiency in multiple HR process areas.
- Understands the linkage between HR strategy and HR services goals and models the change champion role for HR Service Associates. Is able to clearly articulate the benefits of new or revised HR processes for employees, managers and retirees.
Process Improvement (20%)
- Leads HR Services ongoing process improvement initiatives, This includes evaluating process efficiencies and making improvement suggestions based on lean processing principles or to comply with regulatory changes, benefit plan changes, and/or policy changes.
- Actively monitors and uses HR Service metrics and trends to determine were process improvement options exist to improve the customer experience, optimize services and gain efficiencies through technology or other means incorporating these in process improvement proposals
- Identifies ways to improve processes and reduce call and case volume.
- Ensures process documentation is updated and teams receive adequate training on changes.
- Stays informed on HR policy, plans and programs as well as regulatory updates for their areas of expertise providing regular team updates.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on project teams and for annual programs. Works with project teams to achieve appropriate HR Service Associate resource assignment. Ensures project activities are planned and prioritized appropriately balancing project and ongoing support needs with project leaders, cross functionally as needed. As a subject matter expert influences project decisions where appropriate to improve the customer experience and/or improve efficiency. Ensures project deliverables are delivered on time, are documented, and teams are effectively trained in process and functionality changes. Works closely with AVP on these requirements
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have 3+ years supervisory experience
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a service center/operations environment with direct exposure to case management systems, process management, design, and improvement, project management, customer support, and administering defined processes.
Preferred experience, skills, and knowledge:
- Bachelors degree preferred (or commensurate experience)
- Experience working in an HR shared service environment strongly preferred
- Possesses strong problem solving skills
- Deftly manages competing priorities
- Collaborates well with others and is able to influence decisions
- Possesses strong customer service and communication skills. Must be able to adjust to meet differing inquiry communication styles and needs.
- Able to work independently
- Able to communicate clearly, both written and oral
- Able to handle complaints even when dealing with difficult situations
- Reads and interprets complex documents such as SPD and other technical documentation effectively.
- Project management skills a plus
- HR Certification (PHR, SPHR, GPHR etc.) a plus
- Detail oriented with advanced MS Office skills