Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting
A market leader for over 40 years, this nationally respected insurance company has a terrific career opportunity in the finance department. As Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting, you’ll be a key member of a five-person department handling preparation of financial statements, reports, filings and many other day-to-day operations. Most important to this role is your experience with Yellow Book preparation; at least three (3) years of statement prep and filing is required.
Responsibilities as Senior Accountant Include:
- Financial Reporting- external & internal financial statements, general ledger, reconciliations (bank, investment, reinsurance and fixed asset), commission statements and so forth.
- Budgeting- participate in the annual budget process, monthly reporting (including variance analysis)
- Taxation- assist with federal income tax calculation, prepare premium tax returns, compile and file 1099 report info
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of three (3) years of Yellow Book preparation
- Demonstrated understanding of STAT and GAAP accounting principles and practices