Claims - Vice President - Personal Lines
Our client is located in southern California and is an AM Best A rated $150 million premium insurer. They are a highly regarded Personal Lines P&C Carrier with an outstanding track record and reputation for a superior culture that offers challenge, growth and work-life balance. They are seeking a personal lines claims executive who can lead their personal lines claims team.
1. Accountable for setting expectations for claims divisions overall performance throughout the entire organization.
2. Design and direct the strategy for claims handling to achieve greatest efficiency and cost control. Improve processes/investigations/customer service enhancements/ claims systems etc. as required or to improve overall operation.
3. Set and execute claim strategy that is aligned with and in collaboration with overall company strategy.
4. Provide motivated leadership to the claims team, and assure top talent is maintained in all positions. Ensure a high level of associate engagement in all areas. Oversee the hiring development, supervision, performance management and structure of the claims division to assure maximum efficiency.
5. Monitor regulatory and legislative issues related to claims handling areas. Ensure that claims handling is in compliance with all state regulations.
6. Oversee and determine settlement authorizations, and initiate and monitor legal reviews and investigations when necessary.
7. Participate in SIU and Subrogation activities as required.
8. Provide expertise to the CEO and other executive team members in order to assist is setting company strategy.
1. Bachelor’s Degree/MBA highly preferred. Related insurance designations a plus.
2. At least 7 to 10 years insurance industry experience with 5 years of progressive experience leading a claims area (particularly homeowners and auto) preferably in the Western States.
3. Strong leadership and management skills including employee supervision and development
4. A track record of improving claims results within a region, territory etc.
5. Ability to inspire and motivate staff to perform.
6. Understands business implications of decisions.
7. Explains difficult information and convinces internal and external management to take action or grant approval.