Application - Desktop Support III
This position will be located in our FTW office temporarily, and then will transition to our new facilities in Dallas (June 2019)
Candidates must be willing to travel to FTW for the position until June 2019. Then they will report to our new office space at 635/Tollway area in Dallas
Summary: Provide service-centric support to all organizational levels, including application, desktop, and networking issues. This role will field application support requests and provide troubleshooting and diagnostic information to our BA/DEV teams. Will also manage application deployments & access for new and existing users. Will be required to manage service tickets from a queue system as well as walk-ups. Will act as liaison between all users and the IT dept. to prevent and resolve issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Application support, including:
- First pass at troubleshooting application errors and diagnosing system issues
- Provide in-depth support and analysis of issue to BA/Dev teams for remediation
- Learn, identify, and document opportunities for application tuning & improvement
- Work with development staff to support new releases and manage deployments
- Desktop support, including:
- Business application support across multiple platforms & OS
- Microsoft Office 2010 & O365, Outlook
- Misc. desktop applications such as Adobe Acrobat
- Provisioning and setup of new users and systems
- Network & Server maintenance, including:
- Windows servers 2008/2012/2016
- Backup (Veritas Backup Exec, Unitrends Appliance, Tape Drives)
- Cisco VPN, Windows VPN, Remote Desktop, etc.
- Network connectivity & troubleshooting (DNS, DHCP, WiFi)
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with vendors for:
- Ordering new hardware (computers, monitors, phones, printers, etc.)
- Setup of user profiles, application permissions, network share access, etc.
- Ability to support remote users using remote management tools
- Discipline to understand and participate in change control, checklists, repeatable processes, etc
- Detail oriented with the ability to work solo or on a team, be adaptable to changing job duties
- Familiarity with working from a ticketing system, and managing multiple requests at once
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve, working and coordinating with others on IT initiatives
- Ability to utilize all technical resources to solve problems and escalate appropriately
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be dedicated to quality, highly organized and efficient
Education and/or Experience
Need 4-7 years related experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technology related field
Professional certifications (A+, CompTIA, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA) a plus
Intermediate development or scripting experience preferred with PowerShell, Python, VBA, etc.
Viable experience with MS-SQL and Oracle databases a big plus