Quality Assurance Analyst
VMGA Quality Assurance
The VMGA Quality Assurance resource (QA) reports to the Quality Lead at VMGA. The QA is responsible for performing tests on VMGA software releases to isolate and identify issues. The QA resource initiates tests, analyzes results, and clearly documents findings. The QA is responsible for working closely with the Program Manager in receiving and returning quality assurance tasks within the production support process. The QA resource works with the Configuration Analyst (CA) on explaining findings.
- Assist in drafting quality assurance policies and procedures
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- Record and document results as compared to expected results. Document variances for both current and historical analysis
- Keeps automated test scripts up to date with ongoing production changes
- Develops automated test scripts when required
- Assist support team in efforts to troubleshoot software applications to isolate the source of a problem and provide satisfactory resolution so that the application meets availability and quality standards
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- Understand the involvement of company personnel, including support, account management, service, interns and management resources, in order to discuss performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with internal personnel
- Participate in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables
- Participate and prepare for assigned meetings.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Number of tasks that pass QA and are not returned by an account manager or Customer
- Number of failed tasks that are caught in QA prior to releasing to the Customer
- Quality of QA notes, test plans, queries and scripts
- Number of QA tasks completed per QA plan
- Maintains high team satisfaction ratings in teaming and meeting SLAs
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame