Senior .Net Developer
We are looking for a senior level .NET developer interested in working for a dynamic, fast paced organization. You will create applications from scratch and modify existing systems. We follow an agile workflow with an emphasis on continual improvement and communication.
In this role, you should be able to write functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects. You should be a team player and excellent communicator. If you are also passionate about .NET and software design/architecture, wed like to have a conversation with you.
Your goal will be to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain software.
Our team operates as a start-up under the Berkshire Hathaway organization. We follow an agile workflow with an emphasis on continual improvement and communication.Responsibilities
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using C# and ASP.NET MVC
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- 5+ Years of proven experience as a .NET Developer
- Familiarity with design/architectural patterns (e.g. MVC, MVVM, etc.)
- Practical working knowledge of C#, ASP.NET MVC, T-SQL and HTML5/CSS3
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (e.g. REST)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field is preferred
- Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance experience is also preferred
biBERK is where commercial insurance buyers can obtain coverage for their businesses from insurers of the Berkshire Hathaway group of Insurance Companies, one of the best capitalized insurance groups in the world. Our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (berkshirehathaway.com) is a holding company with diversified interests in a host of industries, including insurance, energy, transportation and manufacturing. Most policies issued through biBERK.com will be underwritten by Berkshire Hathaway Direct Insurance Company ("BHDIC"), which is an AM Best rated A++ insurer.
BHDIC is domiciled in Omaha, Nebraska. BHDIC and the team at biBERK are focused on helping small business owners quickly and easily buy affordable insurance directly from a financially strong insurance company they can trust.