Internship -Tax Department
Are you interested in working for the largest independent insurance claims company in the world? Are you interested in leaving your mark on peoples life through your work? Are you interested in interning with a company that helps people recover after disasters such as 9/11, Deepwater Horizon, Hurricanes Katrina, Harvey, Irma, and all of the other major events you have heard of in the past 76 years?
If one or all of these questions spark an interest in you, Crawford & Company is the answer and we are looking forward to welcoming you at our brand new headquarters in Norcross, GA. Our company was established in 1941 and is currently the leader in the claims management industry, having spread in more than 70 countries with 700+ locations.
- Preparation of taxable income and related calculations required for U.S. Federal and state income tax returns and tax provision purposes. This is required to assist the Company with timely filing accurate U.S. Federal and state income tax returns and financial statements.
- Review of U.S. Federal and state income tax returns. This is required to assist the Company with timely filing accurate U.S. Federal and state income tax returns.
- Preparation and review of other tax return filings and notices. This is required to keep the Company in compliance with its various non-income tax filing obligations and to address any notices received from taxing authorities.
- Preparation of income tax provision and related calculations in accordance with our internal controls framework. This is required to assist the Company with timely filing accurate financial statements with the Securities and Exchange Commission and complete the external audit.
- Prepare and/or review return to international return to provision calculations as international income tax filings are completed. This is required to assist the Company with timely filing accurate financial statements with the Securities and Exchange Commission and complete the external audit.
- Assist with Tax Department special projects on an as needed basis.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct.
- Completion of freshman year and currently enrolled as a sophomore or higher in a degree program and in good standing at an accredited college or university is required
- Grade Point Average of at least 2.5 or equivalent is required
- Prior work experience of some type is required
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.