CLAIM REPRESENTATIVE- OFFICE
The Claim Representative (office) is responsible for handling first party and third party personal lines and commercial lines claims of low to moderate complexity and/or exposure; Evaluate and settle claims within designated authority; direct the investigation and claims settlement activities of Field Adjusters and vendors. Examine assigned claim files, insurance policies and other documents to determine coverage applicable to a loss. Pay claims within designated authority. This is a full time position. Regular working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am- 4:00 pm, although, there is some flexibility in hours within the confines of the job requirements; but the employee must be available to work in the event of a catastrophe.
- Review, investigate, confirm coverage, determine liability, establish damages, and negotiate settlement of first and third party property and casualty insurance claims.
- Relies on experience and judgment to perform assigned tasks.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with insured’s, claimants, producers, attorneys, internal staff and all other involved parties regarding claims handling as necessary.
- Verify and analyze data to ensure that the claims are valid and that the settlements are made according to company practices and procedures.
- Maintain claim files and update as needed.
- Document claim files to support actions taken.
- Maintain adequate reserves.
- Maintain current knowledge of policy contracts, court decisions, and industry trends.
- Handle claims in compliance with statutes, regulations, and case law.
- Serve as a catastrophe team member and assists with the execution of the Company’s Catastrophe Response Plan.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of insurance contracts, Unfair Claims Settlement Practices, legal decisions affecting claims operations, Claims Plan, Claims Handling Procedures Manual and corporate claims policies and procedures.
- A demonstratable aptitude or experience in evaluating, analyzing and interpreting information.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- 3 or more years of property adjusting experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- High School Graduate or GED Certificate required.
- Active Louisiana Adjusters License required.