Claims Representative - Subrogation
Are you looking for a challenging and engaging career? Are you driven to achieve incredible feats of growth in an environment that feels more like a successful start-up than an insurance company? Then you might be a future Windy!
We are a successful, fast growing Property & Casualty Insurance group of companies headquartered in Miami, Florida; and we are looking for an auto Claims Adjuster with 1st Party Subrogation experience to join our team.
The Subrogation Adjuster will review and analyze claims for the Subrogation Department; negotiate and settle 1st party subrogation claims and develop strategic plans that will be efficient, increase recovery potential and done in a quality manner.
- Reviews claim files for subrogation and recovery potential
- Researches, evaluates and manages all aspects of 1st party subrogation claims
- Prepares demand packaging, correspondence, and legal documentation
- Negotiates and settles open subrogation inventory
- Uses sound decision making for comparative negligence potential
- Communicates effectively with adverse carriers, individuals and collection attorneys
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a Florida Adjuster License
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Associate's degree or higher; or equivalent experience
- Full understanding of auto claims investigations and claims processing
- Strong ability to set priorities and comply with Standard Operating Procedures
- Strong analytical, decision making and organizational skills
- Basic math and moderate computer skills with technical aptitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a flexible, changing environment
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to quickly analyze facts and exercise sound judgement
Windhaven Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or any other characteristic.