Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Brown & Brown Insurance of Southwest Florida is growing and seeking an exceptional individual with proven discipline, and commitment to join our team as Account Manager for our Small Business "Select" Commercial Lines Division. The Account Manager is responsible for servicing new and existing clients and helping to maintain positive client relationships, providing high quality of service to assigned accounts with a focus on the profitability of the business to the agency.
The hired individual can be based at either of our locations, Fort Myers or Naples
Essential Duties and Functions
- Review renewal list of policies expiring in the prescribed time frames to determine appropriate actions
- Rate and prepare quotations when necessary
- Handle client telephone and mail requests for information, endorsements, cancellations and other services as required
- Request endorsements as required
- Assist with accounts receivable control
- Complete policy rewrites when necessary
- Have knowledge and abide by the underwriting guidelines and binding authority guidelines of each company
- Maintain knowledge of current legal and social conditions that may impact adequacy of policy coverage and limits
- Maintain current state license, attend appropriate classes and seminars, and sit for examinations as required
- Ensure that actions protect the agency from claims of liability for errors or omissions and that all tasks are professionally performed
- Perform other assignments as required
- Florida 220 Property & Casualty license.
- Effective experience of computer and Microsoft Office Products, especially Word and Outlook
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently
- Ability to meet agency growth and retention goals
- Work well with underwriters and fellow employees of the agency
- Strong customer service skills to assist the customer cooperatively and courteously
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion with minimum instruction
We offer full-time employees a benefit package that include 401k plan, employee stock purchase plan, medical, dental, vision and other voluntary products. The Company pays for insurance licensing and related continuing education credits for it's teammates.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.