6 days left
- Career Level
The Claims Manager will be located in Tampa FL, report to the VP of Claims and be responsible for the overall management of our specialty claims operations. This individual will be responsible for supervising the entire claims process including hiring, managing and terminating employees, training, total loss, subrogation and salvage, investigating coverage, determining liability and maintaining adequate pending levels for the staff while developing new hires and coordinating policies and procedures, process controls, performance metrics, and service level agreements within the department.
The Claims Manager has the goal of minimizing the indemnity and expense impact on combined loss ratio by implementing current and long-range department objectives necessary to ensure adequate reserve levels and to discharge the policyholder liabilities in a timely, efficient and equitable manner. The Claims Manager will track and provide solutions to loss trends to senior management.
- Review and analyze investigation and policy to determine applicable coverage and determine coverage disputes
- Ensure proper investigation of claims are handled by adjusters
- Handle escalated inquiries from claimants, insureds and staff
- Ensure staff has met or exceeded their daily, weekly and monthly metrics
- Proactively monitor/train staff for performance and relay information to senior management
- Quality control staff on a daily, weekly and monthly basis by reviewing claims and phone calls
- Respond to DOI complaints as they relate to claims within appropriate time frame
- Ensure timely letters and diary expectations are met by adjusters to ensure compliance with state and federal laws
- As appropriate, review and approve denial letters, reservation of rights letters and other correspondence to claimants and insureds
- Determine settlement amounts and negotiate claims settlement within authority limits to insureds and claimants
- Follow proper escalation procedures based on severity of the claim and communicate with counsel
- Make reserve recommendations based on nature of damages
- Communicate with underwriting on variances within the policy file and claims trends
- Represent the company in its relationships with agents, insures, vendors, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Worker characteristics are normally acquired through completion of an undergraduate 4-year program as well as 5 - 7 years of experience with 2 - 3 years in a supervisory capacity preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a supervisor in an auto claims environment
- Excellent communication skills (oral / written)
- Ability to multitask
- Florida 620 adjuster license is required
Pronto Insurance offers our Full Time Employees the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Disability & Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Wellness Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacations, Personal Days & Paid Holidays!
Apply for Claims Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly