Vice President of Underwriting and Exposure Management
The Vice President of Underwriting and Exposure Management serves as a key member of the leadership team. The VP will work with the Chief Underwriting Officer to set organization goals and structure. The VP provides ongoing management in the interpretation, implementation, and achievement of business goals.
- Work with SVP to provide strategic direction and leadership for the Company’s underwriting strategy and philosophy;
- Manage all third-party model discussions;
- Provide direction to the Company on catastrophic risk and accumulation;
- Oversee catastrophe post-event analysis to derive loss estimates;
- Evaluate and encourage product application, marketing, and underwriting discipline that will sustain business results and growth;
- Work with Actuarial on new product development initiatives;
- Evaluate underwriting, renewals and new business, actuarial trends, market opportunity, and product application;
- Ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines;
- Work with the Chief Underwriting Officer, President and CEO, and Executive Leadership to make critical decisions affecting risk, profitability and growth of the business;
- Assess and implement process improvements in the underwriting department as technologies and business models evolve;
- Prepare quarterly underwriting reports.