When most people search for a job, they are looking for an opportunity to experience personal growth, support their family and maximize their potential. Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, known for its strength and character, may be the company to make these opportunities possible. You will experience the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in peoples’ lives. On the job or participating in one of the many community activities we’re involved in, you will know you’re making an impact on the communities we serve.
If you are interested in making a difference with a challenging, rewarding career with a leading Indiana company, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance may be the place for you. From competitive salary and benefits to rewarding work and an enjoyable environment, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting career opportunity.
We are looking for a Chief Actuary – Life to provide input into the strategic direction of the organization, actuarial, financial and risk analysis expertise as a senior member of the management team.
We can offer you:
- An 80 year old leading Indiana based insurance company with a downtown Indianapolis Home Office
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
We are looking for someone that can:
- Oversee all of the actuarial functions – including product pricing, reserve setting, experience studies, business models, asset/liability analysis, dividend scales, actuarial reporting, and reinsurance contracts
- Manage the actuarial portions of the companies’ financial reporting. Responsible for all the regulatory actuarial filings related to financial reporting
- Effectively communicate with regulators, auditors, executives, board members, and other external stakeholders
- Lead experience reviews and assumption development
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years actuarial experience - including significant, applicable experience with life products
- BS - Actuarial Science, Statistics, Math, Finance or related field
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Member, American Academy of Actuaries
- Ability to quickly obtain and maintain the qualifications and continuing education needed to fulfill the Appointed Actuary duties. Experience as an Appointed Actuary preferable
- Ability to perform Illustration Actuary responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of financial products, regulatory requirements, actuarial principals and current practices.
- An understanding of GAAP and Statutory financial reporting requirements
- Experience managing actuarial teams with a focus on building organizational talent