Business Development Senior Manager
Are you looking for a position that offers advancement opportunities, great benefits and recognition for a job well done? Join MAPFRE Insurance!
MAPFRE Insurance is a forward thinking insurance company offering friendly service from over 2,000 professionals focused on taking care of you and your family. For decades, MAPFRE Insurance has been protecting families and their possessions with quality insurance coverage and a strong commitment to service excellence.
Sr Manager, Business Development
Works with senior leadership of Business Development in the formulation of departmental goals and objectives that are consistent with the corporate mission. Familiar with a variety of Business Development concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Responsible for direct supervision and training of Business Development Representatives and the implementation of programs and policies in the field designed to increase premium volume of targeted lines of business while maintaining favorable relationships with independent agents. Stays abreast of changes in the marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the organization. Is a strong relationship builder and comfortable leading a results oriented, creative, sales environment.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, or equivalent related experience preferred.
- Experience: 9 - 11 years or Bachelor's Degree equivalent plus 11 - 13 years.
- Knowledge: Complete understanding and knowledge of industry, practices, standards, and concepts within field of work and broad business segment. Solid knowledge of management practices.
- Decision Making: Influences development of overall objectives including long-range goals for the organization. Typically exercises judgment within broadly defined policies and practices. Establishes, modifies operating policies and procedures that affect subordinate units. Recommends modifications to broad operating policies which may impact projects, operations, and considerable expenditure risk and major portions of operations. Problems are generally diverse, complex and impact major business segments.
- Supervision Received: Work is received in objective-oriented terms, with an emphasis on strategic as well as more near-term priorities. Work is reviewed from a strategic, relatively long-term perspective against major objectives.
- Leadership: First level manager who typically manages exempt employees and or subordinate supervisors of non-exempt employees. Direct reports typically exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. Provides direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance. Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance requirements.
- Problem Solving /Operations/Direct Work Involvement: Advises work unit regarding tasks, projects, and operations. Generally becomes involved in day-to-day operations only when required to resolve complex problems or meet deadlines.
- Client Contacts: Represents the organization as prime internal and external contact regarding issues of major importance to the organization. Conducts briefings for both internal and external top management.
Familiar with a variety of insurance industry and independent agency marketing concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on analytics, extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Maintains strong leadership acumen around managing a sales team, including the disciplined processes involved in frequently delivering sales goals, plans and measurable results, as well as holding direct reports accountable to the such.
Ability to effectively communicate both one-on-one and in front of large groups.
MAPFRE is committed to recognizing our employees as our most valuable resource. We know our employees are the foundation for our accomplishments. That’s why we offer so many opportunities to share in the success they help us achieve.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.