Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Wright Risk Management Company, LLC is seeking a skilled Claims Examiner to join our growing team in Uniondale, NY. In this role, you will be responsible for managing an inventory consisting of a variety of litigated matters arising from general liability and commercial automobile insurance policies.
- Negotiate and settle liability claims
- Exercise proper judgment and decision making to analyze and evaluate the liability of the claim
- Address policy review and coverage issues
- Prepare reservation of rights or coverage disclaimer letters
- Work with Legal Counsel as necessary
- Review investigations to make timely decisions
- Document and communicate claim activity to appropriate parties
- Discuss large loss claims with Counsel and clients
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent investigative and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Good time managements skills are necessary
- Ability to work effectively with clients, brokers, attorney's and other departments as required
- Minimum of five years of experience
- knowledge in all general liability lines
- Multi-State Licensing is a major Plus!
We offer full-time teammates a benefit package that includes 401k plan, employee stock purchase plan, medical, dental, vision and other voluntary products.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.