The environment: Software Development
The industry leading software development team at Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance aims to improve our companies performance and empower the organization to be more effective at everything it does. Our software platform encompasses all areas of the business from policy administration and claims handling through document management and workflow. GUARD developers enjoy a competitive total benefits package including profit sharing, relaxed dress codes, an opportunity to earn extra cash, and a modern environment conducive to creative thinking and team work.
The role: Software Developer
As a programmer at GUARD, you will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment working with business analysts and partners to develop, innovate, and enhance business processes throughout the organization. You will be a key member of our team that ensures our system is always fast, available and scalable. You will be working with large datasets, so a focus on performance and optimized code is important.
- Support and enhance our existing web-based applications
- Develop new data-driven web based solutions
- Participate in project estimation and scheduling
- Support and conform to internal development standards
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Familiarity with .NET web-based data driven applications
- Experience with C#, MVC, and Web Services
- T-SQL or comparable relational database development skills.
- Familiarity with web development infrastructure: HTML, CSS, jQuery, and LESS
- Experience with Crystal Reports, form generation, or financial reporting is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and work in an agile environment
- Degree preferred but not required