Claims Adjuster II - Field Property
Indiana Farmers Mutual Insurance Company, an A (Excellent) rated insurance carrier per A.M. Best, is seeking the newest member for our Field Property Claims Team, in the Ft. Wayne, IN area. The successful candidate for this position must have a commitment to delivering exemplary customer service, a proven ability to manage time effectively and work independently. The ideal candidate will work fairly, accurately, and in an expedient but professional manner.
The ideal candidate must be able to investigate, negotiate, and resolve personal, commercial and farm property claims. Claims must be settled fairly, accurately and in an expedient manner, according to applicable policies, procedures and guidelines. Candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- College Degree or three to five years claims adjusting experience required. Professional designation (CPCU, CSLA, AIC, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Experience and expertise in writing structural property estimates. Working knowledge of Xactimate an added benefit.
- Candidate must be able to climb, access roofs, basements and crawlspaces etc.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Initially candidate will work from the home office. Company car is provided as candidate will be responsible for an assigned claim handling territory.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- High level of organizational, reasoning and listening skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently with little supervision