Claims Adjuster - Commercial - Fast Track Unit
Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. is a diversified specialty property/casualty insurer with offices in Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, Chicago, Los Angeles and Atlanta. Hallmark markets, underwrites and services approximately half a billion dollars annually in commercial and personal insurance premiums in select markets. Hallmark is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas and its common stock is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol "HALL."
As Hallmark continues to grow, we strive to find talented, innovative and creative professionals to join our team. We offer very competitive compensation and benefit packages combined with a team atmosphere that encourages independent initiative and professional growth.
The Fast Track Claims Adjuster is expected to actively investigate and handle Commercial Auto Liability claims arising out of policies issued by Hallmark underwriting entities. The Fast Track Claims Adjuster (the adjuster) is expected to perform or manage all phases of the investigation, handling and resolution of light to moderate complexities of new and existing 1st and 3rd party property damage (PD), including collision, and comprehensive claims: as well as some minor bodily injury (BI) claims including UM/UIM and PIP claims. The adjuster will also be responsible for adjusting a small number of general liability (PD and BI) claims arising from commercial general liability polices. The adjuster should have some experience in the investigation, handling and resolution of commercial trucking, commercial auto, and general liability claims. The adjuster should have solid coverage experience with primary commercial auto and general liability policies and forms.
- Responsible for the direct claims handling and management of claims for the Commercial Fast Track Unit.
- Proactive claims management pursuant to established claims handling guidelines regarding coverage, investigation, liability, damages, evaluation and resolution.
- Establish reserves pursuant to established reserving protocols and reserve authority procedures, where appropriate.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of state and federal laws applicable to claims arising from the Commercial Lines Business Unit.
- Possesses an understanding of commercial auto and general liability policy(s) language/coverage applicable to Commercial claims
- Manage total losses, salvage and subrogation claims pursuant to established company procedures and processes.
- Maintain compliance with, and utilize, the various Hallmark Vendor databases and claims handling guidelines.
- Undertaking general office administrative duties as and when required.
- Decisive and purposeful.
- Strong moral character and work ethic.
- Independent and self starting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a “fast pace,” challenging environment.
- Ability to show initiative, exhibit a “can do” attitude, and provide ideas while working within a team environment.
- Ability to successfully manage a high volume case load.
- Ability to effectively negotiate; and use stated adjuster authority efficiently.
- Ability to simplify, analyze and explain complex coverage and legal issues.
- Ability to be able to review processes and determine opportunities for improvement.
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preference although not essential.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent MS Office, Word, Power Point, and Excel expertise.
- Business travel as required.
Apply for Claims Adjuster - Commercial - Fast Track Unit
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly