Senior Account Manager - Commercial Lines Leader
The Commercial Lines Leader - Sr Account Manager is responsible for assisting the P&C Producers and clients with all servicing needs and providing information and guidance, as needed, to help to achieve the business goals. The Commercial Lines Leader - Sr Account Manager maintains an effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. In addition the Commercial Lines Leader - Sr Account Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining efficient workflow processes while also a mentoring other Account Management staff.
The Commercial Lines Leader - Sr Account Manager must keep abreast of industry trends, new product information, legislation, coverage’s and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance of the Property and Casualty Practice.
- Provides technical support to P&C Producers ; specifically in managing client needs, analyzing coverage forms and quotations
- Accompanies P&C Producers on client and prospect meetings as requested
- Completes client applications in coordination with P&C Producers; submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations, endorsements and policies
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence with the assistance of the Associate Account Consultant.
- Determines if direct billing, agency billing or premium financing is appropriate and invoices accordingly
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals as needed
- Processes renewals in coordination with P&C Producers according to agency procedures. Occasionally takes lead in renewal meeting with the client, strategy determination, marketing and carrier negotiations.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary
- Processes incoming mail and phone requests, responding promptly and appropriately
- Uses agency credit and collection policy in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments; request cancellations from the carrier according to agency standards
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies P&C Producers
- Processes and following up on cancellation requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintains agency in financial equity whenever possible
- Identifies exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverage’s in coordination with P&C Producers
- Prepares premium allocations for clients as needed
Competencies and Qualifications
An ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years insurance experience
- Ability to analyze complex insurance situations, needs and options and communicate these options both verbally and in writing in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to understand written and oral communication, and interpret abstract information.
- Property, Casualty Producers License
- Knowledge of insurance products and usages
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word and AMS-360
- Ability to direct others
- Ability to work independently and take the lead on all elements of client servicing when necessary
- Advanced negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage tight deadlines
Conditions of Work:
- Flexible work hours may be necessary when facing deadlines
- Occasional travel to other Offices
American with Disability Specifications:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.