Technical Analyst Trainee
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, rated A+ (Superior) by the leading independent rating organization for the industry, is growing rapidly and has operations throughout the US. We are currently searching for a Technical Analyst Trainee to join our Business Analytics Team. Company features a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Position will be at our headquarters in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
The position is a combination of recurring and ad-hoc projects supporting all units within the company.
A candidate should have a high attention to detail, be able to work independently/efficiently and be technologically savvy. If you possess these qualities then our team might be right for you!Responsibilities
- Provide high level analytical support to various disciplines within the company.
- Analyze and interpret data to assist in planning and issue resolution.
- Develop models and metrics for data analysis and reporting.
- Provide forecasting and projection estimates.
- Work closely with the Actuarial Department on projects.
- Incorporate business intelligence functions throughout the company.
- Support executive and line management decision making.
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests from various disciplines within the organization.
- Attend meetings to communicate effect and role of data analysis on a given topic.
- Test and review internal data systems and functions for accuracy.
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Economics or Accounting is preferred, but we will consider exceptional candidates who can demonstrate analytical and technical expertise.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office, Databases, SQL, and web languages.
- Ability to organize and manipulate large amounts of data accurately.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of the world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!