Desk Appraiser - Auto Damage
Are you looking for a challenging and engaging role? Are you driven to achieve incredible feats of growth in an environment that feels more like a successful start-up, than an insurance company? Then we want to talk to you.
We are a successful, fast growing Property & Casualty Insurance group of companies headquartered in Miami, Florida; and we are looking for an experienced auto Desk Appraiser to join our team.
The Desk Appraiser offers exceptional customer service experience by using exceptional investigation skills to evaluate, and appraise damaged automobiles of varying condition. Assesses estimates and repairs for accuracy per Windhaven™ Insurance standard.
- Desk reviews appraisals costs for parts, materials, and labor necessary to restore vehicles to their pre-damaged condition.
- Documents all key activities regarding estimate, repairs, and evaluation
- Provide claims personnel with expert advice on vehicle repair, parts costs, garage expertise and opinion on whether specific damage is related to accident.
- Review claims personnel in determining when a damaged vehicle should be classified as a total loss.
- May assist in the training of staff and evaluation of staff, independent and Direct Repair Program shops.
- Complete Direct Repair Programs re-inspections, supplements as warranted to verify damage or confirm repairs are completed.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in an Appraiser position with experience in Appraising and Estimating
- Knowledge of Audatex/Auto source estimating systems
- Detail oriented
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Bilingual - English and Spanish preferred
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Associates degree or higher preferred
Windhaven Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or any other characteristic.