Account Manager - Customer Service Representative
Why Steffens Insurance?
Here at Steffens Insurance Group we have a family-like atmosphere. We strive for excellence by each of us working within our unique abilities. We promote self-rejuvenation time and have flexible scheduling. Everyone has a strong community involvement, while strengthening our relationship with our clients. We promote professional education and provide opportunity for advancement and growth. We like to keep the workplace enjoyable by having very open and relaxed environment. We understand that having fun is important to everyone so we like to take company outings to various places that everyone can enjoy.
This position is responsible for handling new and renewal personal lines business, as well as providing in-house customer service to clients as assigned and requested.
- Customer Service Representative will Market new business, determine premiums, prepare and present proposals to clients and maintain underwriting and marketing information by carrier.
- Customer Service Representative will Check new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, typing, coverages, signatures, and input these transactions to generate billing invoices. Ensure that these items are delivered and/or mailed to client.
- Customer Service Representative will Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative problems, and comply with the request and/or refer to the producer only when necessary.
- Customer Service Representative will Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
- Customer Service Representative will Be familiar with and follow agency E&O guidelines.
- Customer Service Representative will Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner. Customer Service Representative will Perform special projects at management’s request.
Job requirements and Qualifications
- Must be a self-starter with good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Should have thorough understanding of commercial lines underwriting and coverages.
- Minimum two years of experience in similar position is desirable.
- Current Insurance License preferred
- Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions. Frequently sit for long periods of time. This is a public contact position that requires appropriate business apparel.
- Short-term disability
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Extended Holiday Weekends for National Holidays