Territory Sales Manager
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for ensuring the sell-through of all insurance products and services in the agency network. This is accomplished by acting as a liaison between the home office departments and the agencies on all matters involved in the selling and servicing of business placed with the company.
- Prospect, interview, contract, monitor and terminate agencies in order to achieve company production goals for the territory.
- Conduct agency visits in order to provide training, guidance and direction to ensure agencies are aware of and knowledgeable in all products and services that are offered in order to increase the level of production.
- Continually monitor agency performance and provide product training for improved production metrics such as quoting levels, bind ratios, and sales results.
- Act as the one stop point of contact to help resolve agency complaints and issues. Communicate with all other departments and management to resolve problems and expedite issues.
- Actively observe the competition and overall industry climate in the territory. Communicate the information to all departments and management any changes, trends, etc. that are important to the business objectives established.
Travel from your home to agency locations within the territory. At times you may have to co-travel with other Territory Sales Managers, work different territories, and come in to Corporate Office.
Long hours in vehicle for travel daily.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
A full-time job, 50-60 hours a week, 5-7 days a week (depending on events)
80-90% with overnight stays. Normally travel 4 days a week with one administrative day.
Required Education and Experience
College degree and sales/territory management background or equivalent experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Degree in Business Administration or Risk Management. Insurance industry sales/territory management experience. Industry certifications and/or licenses