A work culture which encourages employee participation, teamwork, mutual trust, creativity and initiative. Recognition of employee achievements and contributions. Benefit and compensation programs that truly encourage and reward quality performance. A chance for employees to be active and effective volunteers through charitable giving campaigns. This is in part why this carrier is a nationally recognized market leader. They understand that it is only through the efforts of capable, service-oriented staff that they will be able to make that happen. As a result, they have been certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at “Great Place to Work”.
The Finance Director will oversee the financial reporting, valuation and planning for this carrier’s retirement group.
Day to day will include things such as…………
- Work closely with the Finance and Reporting teams to ensure the completeness and accuracy of financial reporting results, on IFRS, US statutory, US GAAP.
- Work closely with the Financial Planning & Analysis (FPA) and Modeling teams.
- Monitor direct and allocated expenses.
- Minimum 8 -10 years of experience.
- Financial reporting background required.
- Solid knowledge of US statutory accounting required; USGAAP/IFRS preferred.
- Experience in life insurance or annuities required; pension risk transfer (PRT)/payout annuities desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to create analytics and models.
- Proven ability working with customer/stakeholder roles and/or cross functional teams.
- Positive attitude, resilience, confidence, enthusiasm for taking on new challenges, and a strong interest in gaining exposure to a start-up business in the US market.