We are looking for an Actuary to work in our Phoenix office with the primary responsibility in Pricing Indications and secondarily managing our data and business intelligence. This position will have direct reports.
Who is Legacy Insurance Services? Legacy Insurance Services, Inc. is a well-established, successful and growing personal auto insurance company. We are a member of the Western National Insurance Group (WNIG), "The Relationship Company®". WNIG is an “A+” rated mutual insurance company with a 115+ year history and current assets of over $1 billion.
- Analyze, gather and consolidate statistical data used in rate reviews and rate filings for all states;
- Update quarterly and annual actuarial IBNR projections and related exhibits.
- Develops quarterly rate indications for company line of business.
- Responsible for the indications models and predictive models.
- Research circulars and other industry materials for potential improvements in the indications processes for each line of business.
- Apply mathematical and statistical techniques to extract, analyze, summarize and transform data sets into usable information that informs organizational leadership decisions and policies.
- Provide mentorship to Actuarial Analysts. Participate in project management and task forces when an actuarial presence is needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in actuarial, mathematics, or other quantitative fields
- Ideal candidate has an ACAS with 5+ years of P&C actuarial experience including 3+ years in Pricing & Reserving Experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Excel skills, Access Database, Visual Basic
- Experience with modeling software is a plus
What does Legacy Insurance Services give employees? Glad you asked! We provide 9 Company paid Holidays, Personal Time Off (PTO) and even paid Volunteer time to our employees. Our generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision options as well as company paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and a 401k plan with a Company match.
Why work at Legacy? We know the key to our continued success is in our people. We provide a casual, comfortable working environment that promotes teamwork, creativity and a sense of purpose. Although we like to work hard, we also like to have fun! We know our employees enjoy our Wellness program offerings (meditation, infused water, personal trainers) and our full benefits package. Casual Friday? Not here! At Legacy, employees dress comfortably every day!
We are located in a convenient office park area off of Elliot & I-10 in the Ahwatukee Foothills, surrounded by restaurants, shops and other services all nearby!
Apply for Actuary
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly