Assistant Vice President - Loss Control Safety and Health
Our client is actively seeking an experienced Assistant Vice President of Loss Control to join their home office in California. This position plays a major role in helping them write and retain profitable business. This position manages and leads all of the safety and health staff and services in the southern CA region. The position will have 10 direct reports. Relocation assistance provided, with an excellent compensation package with salary up to $200k + bonus + car allowance + benefits.
The candidate should be well versed in workers’ compensation and S&H concepts, practices, and procedures. Coordinates day-to-day activities, workflow, and assignment completion for all regional safety and health staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions of this position include:
• Responsible for performance, development, coaching and continuous improvement of regional S&H staff.
•Ensures effective assignment and completion of work.
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of evidence-based consulting and ensures staff applies evidence-based consulting process to target causes of loss most likely to impact policyholder loss performance and underwriting profitability.
•Develops and implements strategies that optimize S&H performance and Regional underwriting results.
• Ensures staff meets department standards work quality, productivity, and time service.
• Applies principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Actively contributes to national S&H leadership team planning and decision making.
• Acts as a technical resource to his/her staff.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required with preferred field of study in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, science, or engineering.
• Achieved S&H related master’s degree or recognized professional designation such as CSP, ARM or CIH, preferred
• 10 years safety and health/ loss control experience.
• 5 years of leadership experience
Strong knowledge of workers’ compensation insurance including understanding of experience modification, underwriting, and claims practices.
- Working knowledge of return to work program features and benefits.
- Experienced with P&C insurance agent and broker operations.
- Effective communication, sales and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other common business software.