Long standing client in MD is looking for an IT Manager. This person will manage and oversee network infrastructure and telecommunication requirements to meet the organization demands and support corporate goals.
- Manage & direct networking and cyber staff.
- Assists with planning, development, implementation, enforcement and monitoring of network security standards, guidelines, policies, procedures and controls to include protection of corporate data and assets.
- Responsible for investigation and analyses security incidents; develops innovative solutions for network security; manages virus protection across the network; participates in penetration tests; and pro-actively monitors vulnerabilities in information systems.
- Manage Network Administrator function ensuring proper network and data security controls are practiced.
- Manage, schedule and ensure the reliable operation of company data & telecommunications functions.
- Research/recommend new technologies that support business requirements.
- Interact with Development and QA to understand system requirements for internal applications and maintain balance between security concerns, system limitations and functionality of user applications.
- Maintain IT Security Manual of all IT policies and procedures for implementation, auditing, and documentation purposes.
- Properly maintain all company software and licensing. Ensure new software purchases comply with corporate standards and are properly licensed.
- Maintain all IT contracts with 3rd party vendors.
- Maintain hardware and software vendor list.
- Determine training needs of technical staff to meet business requirements.
- Interact with business areas to understand system requirements and perform capacity planning & performance measurement to ensure the timely introduction of adequate computer hardware & software to meet business needs.
- Assist in all purchasing of micro hardware and software across the organization. Maintain inventory by department.
- Assist management with maintaining the IT budget including review of monthly Network Variance Reports.
- Responsible for planning and implementation of hardware/network required to support our corporate Business Continuity Plan.
- Responsible for annual testing of the Business Recovery Plan at recovery site.
- Perform all aspects of project management from conceptualization, design, procurement & implementation for networking initiatives.
- Manage the recruiting, development, and performance evaluations of network & cyber staff.
- BS in Computer Science or Information Systems Management or equivalent work experience
- Technical Certification (M.C.S.E., C.N.E.)
- Experience designing, implementing, & supporting, corporate networks (LAN, WAN) to support voice (AVAYA) & data services
- Knowledge and experience of cloud technologies (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with implementing virtual technologies (server & desktop) (VMWare, Vsphere, NutanixAHV, VMware Horizon View)
- Experience implementing security frameworks (NIST, ISO, and COBIT) & standards (PCI, HIPAA, etc.)
- 5-7 years leading a diverse network team (network, infrastructure, & security)
- Experience implementing and supporting Business Continuity Plans and recovery center build out
- Experience developing corporate network and infrastructure strategies
- Budgeting experience