Claims Support Supervisor
Supervises and coordinates activities of Claims Service Representatives engaged in handling claims service calls, new loss reporting and routing incoming telephone inquiries and concerns of customers.
Essential Job Functions
Listed below are representative of those required on the job. Incumbents may perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Monitor service calls to observe employee's demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies
- Monitor daily, weekly, and monthly phone reports and adjusts staffing if necessary
- Monitor live Shoretel feed to ensure staff is logged in and available throughout the day
- Meet with service team to identify any new loss trends
- Listen to new loss calls for quality assurance
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedites workflow
- Answer any service call questions that their subordinates may have
- Liaison for after-hours company on any necessary information regarding hours, system issues, or vendor updates.
- Issue written and oral instructions
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates
- Prepare composite reports from individual reports of subordinates
- Oversee payment process for initial payments, recoverable depreciation and supplemental requests
- Monitor PTO and ensure appropriate staffing
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and manage the performance of employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Manage, mentor, and coach nonexempt employees regarding various departmental tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolves grievances
- Monitor the accuracy and timeliness of all internet claims and faxes coming in and being processed.
- Monitor the accuracy and timeliness of the 1st initial contacts being mailed out to our policy holders
- Monitor and ensure all CAT check paperwork gets printed out daily for the mailing of all letters, estimates, and checks.
Knowledge, skills/abilities listed below are the requirements needed to be proficient in the job.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of internet, spreadsheet, and word processing software
- Availability to work catastrophe hours as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Listed below are representative of those required on the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Typical office environment requiring the use of typical office equipment (e.g., computers, phones, etc.). Computer keyboarding, computer monitor and mouse use including reaching forward, grasping, finger and wrist manipulation, and neck bending and turning; near vision is necessary for computer monitor use. If working in an Emerging Workspace, or similar working arrangement, lifting of laptop equipment, files and/or personal belongings weighing 10 lbs. or less is required.
- May require long periods of sitting
- May require prolonged repetitive use of the upper extremities
The ASI Culture and Benefits
The ASI Culture is like no other. While ASI stands for "American Strategic Insurance," we also believe it stands for "Attitude, Speed and Innovation." It is through these principles we plan our day and measure our success. This can be seen through the way our team members interact with each other, the fan letters from our agents and customers, to our success during a time where other companies have struggled.
ASI offers outstanding benefits, health insurance for employees and dependents, dental, vision, up to 6% matching on our 401(k) retirement plan, earned time off, life insurance, and much more!