Claims Adjuster - Catastrophe - Inside Desk FL
Assures claims are fairly and accurately investigated and evaluated in accordance with established standards of quality and timeliness. This position is responsible for the coverage and damages analysis of property claims which includes the ability to negotiate and complete settlements fairly and equitably with all parties.
Essential Job Functions
- Examines claim forms and other records to determine insurance coverage
- Responsible for all phases of CAT property claims adjusting
- Approving and adjusting estimates of damage and loss amounts
- Interviews, telephones, or corresponds with claimant and witnesses; consults police and hospital records; and inspects property damage to determine extent of company's liability, varying method of investigation according to type of insurance
- Estimates costs of repair, replacement, or compensation
- Prepares report of findings and negotiates settlement with claimant
- Recommends litigation by legal department and attends litigation hearings
- Revises case reserves in assigned claims files to cover probable costs
- Assists in preparing loss experience report to help determine profitability and calculate adequate future rates
- Bachelor's degree or five years property claims experience preferred
- Adjuster 620 license strongly preferred; must be obtained within first 3 months of this position.
- Knowledge of insurance contract, endorsements and form changes
- Knowledge of prevailing local conditions where loss occurred; preferred
- Knowledge of costs, depreciation factors, and replacement cost values
- Knowledge of multiple state statutes regarding Insurance Code of Ethics, rules, regulations, and guidelines
- Understanding and ability to apply appraisal language and process within each policy
- Knowledge of construction techniques, costs and Xactimate; preferred
- Working knowledge of home structures
- Previous property and casualty insurance experience is helpful
- Ability to work with multiple claims
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Flexibility of a work schedule, with the ability to work 12-hour days when required as part of major catastrophe claims
- Superior ability to listen critically, assess a situation and negotiate or mediate
The ASI Culture and Benefits
The ASI Culture is like no other. While ASI stands for "American Strategic Insurance," we also believe it stands for "Attitude, Speed and Innovation." It is through these principles we plan our day and measure our success. This can be seen through the way our team members interact with each other, the fan letters from our agents and customers, to our success during a time where other companies have struggled.
ASI offers outstanding benefits, health insurance for employees and dependents, dental, vision, up to 6% matching on our 401(k) retirement plan, earned time off, life insurance, and much more!