Systems Manager (Agile Delivery Planner)
The Systems Manager (Agile Delivery Planner) will help deliver market leading technology solutions in the insurance, device protection services domains. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a strong background in software delivery, project management & Agile/Scrum framework within an enterprise to move our organization to the next level. You will report to the Senior Director of Technology Division.
The perfect candidate will have deep experience working with the Microsoft stack, preferably in large scale, distributed environments; and be very comfortable with tight SLAs and building highly performant applications.
You will be responsible for defining, influencing, and maintaining the end-to-end Agile Delivery Framework from idea inception in the backlog to post-launch Commercialization, with an Agile/lean mindset while meeting the needs of the larger enterprise processes.
You will be a key resource in client engagement, stakeholder communications and the strategic management of delivery plans.
Together, well be enhancing our customers experiences and strengthening those relationships while protecting what matters most to them.
- Effectively communicate changes and manage expectations around project scope and schedule
- Proactively solve day-to-day challenges and exercise sound judgment
- The Delivery Planner develops and delivers solutions based on defined business and customer strategic vision and objectives. It is the Delivery Manager who helps interpret the vision of the Product Owner team and maintain clarity for the development teams.
- Delivery Planner works with Business Owners and a cross-functional team, which consists of a Scrum Master, Business Analyst(s), Developers and Quality Assurance disciplines to build, enhance and manage mobile claims products, capabilities and services using Agile software methodologies.
- Delivery Planner is a Subject Matter Expert for their products, capabilities and services and provides guidance as necessary to others about their application. For certain development efforts it may be necessary to coordinate with other Technology teams to deliver on a vision that crosses multiple portfolios.
- Collaborate with business, technology and other internal teams to define and own business needs
- Serve the needs of the team while helping to lead them in the right direction including the right level of quality for the delivery stage
- Shield the team from obstacles that could impact delivery progress including: the removal of "blockers," negotiating with stakeholders, focusing the team and senior leadership
- Partner with the product owner on the delivery of the product vision and ensure delivery aligns with corporate strategy and vision
- Inform leadership on key issues that may impact completion, budget or other impediments that may impact quality delivery
- Spot warning signs and log "risks" to deliver
- Facilitate the agile and continuous delivery product development process through iteration planning, grooming, daily stand-ups, and retrospective meetings Communicate on behalf of the team to key internal stakeholders
- Provide visibility to key performance indicators including project status, quality, resources, risks and impacts to other key projects in the organization
- Work with other product and project teams to help organize, schedule projects within cross-team projects and dependencies
- Manage the Infrastructure support needs for project including collecting infrastructure needs projects, submitting request for resources needs in PPM and ICS Demand management, and making sure Infrastructure resources are assigned to the project in schedule to meet delivery schedule.
- Collaborate with architects to align technology roadmap with global projects and business need and share information with Implementation managers and all groups
- Promote continuous improvement and protect our culture of innovation.
- You have a strong ability to establish credibility and rapport with technical team members, and possess the skills to coordinate technical items with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Because of your strong leadership skills, you are able to motivate and inspire others
- You have experience matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team
- You actively participate in the project, delivery and Scrum community, and enjoy sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practices to your team's workflow
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
- Minimum 5 years sustained experience as a manager of technical teams in a Microsoft stack environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple activities, demands, projects and resources at any given time.
- Experience in Agile methodologies to structure and execute product releases reliably and with high quality.
Skills needed for success:
- Strong project management skills
- Drive projects that integrate information technologies into the company for optimal effectiveness and efficiencies
- Strong skills in planning, prioritizing and scheduling
- Interpersonal skills including collaboration, influencing and communications
- Knowledge of Software development and object-oriented principles
- Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Understanding of Microsoft stack (.Net, MS SQL server, Web Services)
- TFS & VSTS
Team & Office Details:
- Our office is located 676 Swedesford Rd, Wayne PA 19087 near king of Prussia.
- We have a collaborative/fast-paced environment
- You will be managing projects across onshore/offshore team of 20+
- You can wear jeans to the office
- We have flex hours & allow 1 day of working from home/week