AmTrust Financial Services
Jersey City, New Jersey
Unique opportunity to be a key part of building a profitable Management Liability insurance book of business within a dynamic, international company. ANV Global Services underwrites as a Global MGU. From our offices in Jersey City, London and Barcelona, we provide underwriting expertise for related and third party insurance companies including Lloyds of London.Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a D&O Underwriter to join the Management Lines team. Underwrite, market and manage new and renewal Management Liability business including private, not-for-profit, mono line employment practice liability and public as developed in cooperation with the Underwriting Manager and Managing Director.
- Produce, develop and underwrite Management Liability D&O SME business from wholesale brokers nationwide.
- Prioritize and underwrite new and renewal submissions.
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of new and existing wholesale broker relationships.
- Promote the growth and strong reputation of ANV Global Services / AmTrust Group.
- Underwrite business in accordance with ANVs policies / procedures, Management Liability Business Plan, Underwriting Guidelines and Authority Statement once granted.
- Maintain high underwriting standards and discipline including adequate pricing, analysis and retention to ensure delivery of profitable results.
- 2 - 5 years of underwriting or insurance industry related experience.
- Existing agent/broker licenses in P&C and Surplus Lines a plus.
- Experience in Surplus Lines/non-admitted market a plus.
- Four year college degree and/or insurance industry related designation.
- PC Literate with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, organizational and multitasking skills.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.