Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Beecher Carlson is a large account risk management broker that delivers expertise by industry focus and product specialization. We strive to develop new and better technologies to support your business requirements and drive operational excellence. By leveraging our deep risk management expertise, we are able to help clients manage their business risks, protect and enhance their capital and fulfill their corporate mission. Beecher Carlson is a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc. and headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
Beecher Carlson is a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc. Brown & Brown is headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL and is one of the nation’s leading independent insurance intermediaries with more than 9,000 employees and 200+ profit center locations in 38 states, London (UK), and Bermuda. Brown & Brown is ranked as the sixth largest insurance brokerage in the United States and the seventh largest brokerage worldwide by Business Insurance magazine.
We have an opening for an Assistant Controller in our Atlanta, GA office. The Assistant Controller leads and supports accounting operations by managing all aspects of the accounting team and related activities.
- Manages accounts receivable and month end close
- Reviews balance sheet reconciliations and ensure adequate follow-up
- Oversees SOX reporting and internal controls
- Provides leadership and manages account staff by communicating job expectations, planning, and monitoring results
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing and interpreting accounting options
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements
- Prepares ad hoc financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/related field.
- 5 years progressive experience in related position with similar duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3 years’ experience working with Excel and Word, preparing financial statements in accordance with GAAP, and working with multiple accounting systems.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Minimal travel may be required.
Beecher Carlson provides a competitive full benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, long and short-term disability, as well as 401K with company match and Employee Stock Purchase Program plus much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Apply for Assistant Controller - Atlanta, GA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly