Marketing Underwriting Specialist
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI, ETC.)
Amerisure is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners For Success agencies, employees and policyholders. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisures promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an A.M. Best A (excellent) rated company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 100 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, with more than $835 million in Direct Written Premium and $937 million in surplus.
We are currently recruiting for a Marketing Underwriting Specialist to join our team in Atlanta, GA to market company products and services to select independent agents and to profitably manage a substantial book of business through risk selection, underwriting and price decisions within designated authority; perform effective agency and policyholder contacts and personal visits.
Market, evaluate and price products and services within Amerisure target classes of business. Serve as the lead underwriter and relationship manager for assigned agent(s). Independently manage a complex book of business, while building sound business relationships and advancing the PFS strategy.
- Market, evaluate and price products and services within Amerisure target classes of business.
- Develop and implement business plans for achieving established operational plan targets for written premium, loss ratio, product retention, pricing and coordination of service.
- Conduct agency visits and facilitate communication between producer, support staff and Amerisure service team, to ensure achievement of quality and service objectives.
- Lead service team to support and advance the PFS strategy, ensuring adherence to the service model and promoting a strong customer service focus.
- Manage the development of the agency through PFS levels, including procuring new business or expanding existing business, relationship building, etc.
- Apply knowledge of environmental factors and trends and agency performance metrics to recommend and take appropriate action to achieve profitability goals.
- Identify and capitalize on account opportunities, leveraging agency relationships and Amerisure's product and service features and benefits to expand portfolio of business.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work-related experience.
- Minimum 5 years commercial middle market insurance underwriting experience.
- Construction & Manufacturing underwriting expertise a plus.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external customers.
- Ability to think strategically and deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead discussions and make presentations.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a valid drivers license and a good driving record. Ability to travel within assigned region.
- Designations such as CIC, CPCU, AU preferred.
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER SUCH AS CHROME, FIREFOX, ETC.
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners For Success agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan, and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.
Amerisure Insurance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerisure Insurance complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Amerisure Insurance expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Amerisures employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.