Overview & Responsibilities
National Indemnity Company is one of the leading property/casualty members of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, earning the highest financial strength rating by A.M. Best: A++. Located in Omaha, NE, National Indemnity Company offers a wide selection of commercial insurance products and has the stability and strength agents and insureds have depended on for decades.
We have an immediate opening for a Payroll Supervisor who will be responsible for ensuring efficient, accurate and timely processing of biweekly payrolls for multiple companies in many states including Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies' Property & Casualty Division. Duties include ensuring strong controls over security and data privacy, maintaining accurate financial reporting records, meeting strict deadlines and maintaining regulatory compliance. Other duties will include monitoring payroll-related processes and identifying and resolving routine payroll-related issues and bringing more complex issues to management for review and direction. This person will also be responsible for payroll consultation and specific training of payroll staff at certain affiliated companies, supervising appropriate application and ensuring compliance with payroll tax laws, Company policies, and ERISA deposit requirements, preparing reports and analysis for senior management and maintaining strict confidentiality.
National Indemnity Company offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance, retirement plan with company match, educational assistance reimbursement paid at 100% up front, comprehensive wellness program and many other benefits.
- Bachelor degree in business, HR management, accounting, or related field or equivalent
- Math through algebra
- Personal computer and related software such as payroll, Windows, Excel and database applications
- 3-5 years related supervisory and multi-state payroll work experience
- Strong organization and priority setting skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Identify and solve problems
- Follow complex instructions
- Work accurately with detail
- Work additional time as needed
- ADP payroll Federal and state tax laws, forms, and report filings as applicable to payroll
- General accounting principles
- Certified Payroll Professional